Worcester Children’s Chorus Upcoming Audition! Have a child who loves to sing? Sign up for the August 23, Sept 5 or Sept 6 auditions!
The Worcester Children’s Chorus (WCC) is auditioning youth ages 8 – 18 for the 2023-2024 Season. WCC’s outstanding educators are seeking children throughout Central Mass who love to sing to join the chorus! Their programs offer youth professional-level instruction in musicianship and performance; a safe and fun environment to learn and grow; and a community with long-lasting friendships. The choir also regularly tours domestically and internationally. Sing, Shine & Soar with WCC!
NEXT AUDITION DATE: August 23, Sept 5 and Sept 6 (Limited Availability, sign up today!)
Auditions are held on specific dates and are also offered on a rolling basis. If you have missed one or are unable to attend one of the scheduled audition dates, please contact WCC at email@example.com and they will be glad to set up an appointment. Or, Complete the Audition Form to schedule your audition.
Auditions are encouraging and low-stress. The appointment is an opportunity to meet the artistic staff and sing a few bars in order to place the singer in the most appropriate ensemble so that they can thrive alongside their musical peers and nurture their love of singing.
Audition Fee: $25 to be paid at time of booking the audition.
If paying an audition fee is outside of your family’s budget, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about a fee waiver. WCC is committed to ensuring the Worcester Children’s Chorus is open and available to all children who love to sing!
One recommendation from a teacher or other adult outside of the family is due at audition. You will receive the form at audition registration. Financial Aid is available! See HERE for more information.
2023-2024 Choir Season (September – May)
WCC singers meet weekly throughout the school year to rehearse with their ensembles at Assumption University in Worcester. The entire chorus performs together at the holiday concert in early December and the final concert in May as well as other exciting collaborative events throughout Greater Worcester.
● Da Capo (Gr 3&4)
● Young Artists (Gr 5&6)
● Bel Canto (Gr 7&8)
● Baritones (Gr 6-12)
● Cantare (Gr 9-12)
● Afterschool choral programs at select schools
● Holiday Pops at Mechanics Hall
● Collaborations with Worcester Chorus, Salisbury Singers, The Master Singers of Worcester, New England Repertory Orchestra, and New England Symphony Orchestra and many more!
● Assumption University with Assumption University choirs
● Worcester Art Museum to perform during Flora in Winter
● Polar Park to sing the national anthem for a WooSox game
● DCU Center to sing the national anthem for a Worcester Railers game
● Canada, Louisiana, England, New York City! Plans are underway for a trip to New Orleans this summer!
● All over the place! Social events and outings are regularly scheduled to make time for fun and friendship.
Feb 26, 2023 | An Afternoon at the Opera with Directors Chris Shepard (The Worcester Chorus), Cailin Marcel Manson (New England Repertory Orchestra), Edward Tyler (Master Singers of Worcester), and Pamela Mindell
(Worcester Children’s Chorus) share the podium in conducting this spectacular collaboration of ensembles on stage at historic Mechanics Hall.
WCC Chorus Members:
● Learn musical skills: music literacy, theory, ear training, sight singing
● Develop valuable qualities like confidence, teamwork, discipline, self-reliance, leadership, and
● Rehearse and perform choral repertoire in a variety of styles and languages
● Collaborate with other musical ensembles locally and beyond, through performance, touring and travel
● Participate in community building events, including coffee houses, informal recitals, and social gatherings
● Worcester Children’s Chorus has five choral ensembles, offering age-appropriate instruction for singers ranging in age from 8 through 18. Artistic staff place children appropriately based on their audition. In the younger choirs, there will be some age/grade overlap, based upon a child’s previous musical experiences.
Worcester Children’s Chorus (WCC) celebrates its 15th year offering youth inspiring choral experiences, high-quality music education, and exciting performance opportunities. WCC debuted in 2009 during a “Mostly Mozart” program with The Master Singers of Worcester and has grown to five auditioned ensembles – winning the Telegram & Gazette’s Best Musical Group of Central MA in 2021.
Under the artistic direction of Dr. Pamela Mindell, WCC ensembles meet weekly in Worcester’s Assumption University campus with professionally-trained educators to rehearse for a variety of unique performances and annual concerts planned each year. Highly respected for choral excellence, WCC is regularly invited to sing with local adult choral groups and at choral festivals as well as perform with the youth and adult orchestras throughout Central MA. WCC’s varied and rich musical repertoire and exciting calendar of events challenge singers in a nurturing and growth-oriented environment.
WCC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit governed by a Board of Directors. Tuition supports roughly one-third of our annual budget. Funding is also provided by individuals, local businesses, corporations and foundations dedicated to the enrichment of young lives through music. Financial aid is awarded to an average of 20% of our families each year. Donations are tax-deductible. Partners include Assumption University, Pakachoag Music School, and Worcester Public Schools. Sponsored by Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, Rockland Trust, Cigna, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA.
Worcester Children’s Chorus is proudly sponsored by:
Learn more at: https://worcesterchildrenschorus.org/