Worcester Area Sledding Spots!
The snow has arrived, a lot of it, so who is ready to hit the hills for some winter fun? Check out our WCKC Worcester Area Sledding Guide for a couple dozen spots!
400 Oxford Street North
Pakachoag Golf Course
15 Upland Street
5 Brayman Street
Hollis Hill Farms
340 Marshall Street
289 Pearl Street
Holden Hill Golf Course
1800 Main Street
170 Paxton Street
826 Leominster Rd
98 Bigelow St
805 Main Street
125 Wallace Road
Burgess Elementary School
45 Burgess School Road
Westborough Country Club
Greenwood and Knox Streets
Holy Cross College
1 College Street
Green Hill Park
189 May Street
Quinsigamond State Park
10 N Lake Street (across from skating rink)
Quinsigamond Community College
670 West Boylston St (Route 12)
100 Institute Rd
The EcoTarium* -CLOSED WINTER 2020
222 Harrington Way
*Free with Museum admission. Bring your sleds or borrow sleds from the EcoTarium
When sledding, safety always comes first, so remember these basic safety tips:
- Look for obstacles that could make the area unsafe, such as ponds, fences, jumps, bumps, icy patches, etc.
- Wear a winter sports helmet, especially for kids 12 and under. A bike helmet at the very least.
- The safest sleds have breaks and can be steered.
- Dress warmly and do not wear scarfs, or any clothing, that could get caught in the sled.
- Children 5 and under should ride with an adult.
- Always ride facing forward. Never face-first, and never standing.
- Teach your children to roll off and get away from their sled if they find that they can’t stop their sled.
- Only 1 child per sled. Only 1 child should go down the hill at once.
- Keep arms and legs inside the sled.
Looking for area events? Check out our calendar!
Looking for Snow Tubing Parks?