NEW Exhibit! Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab at The EcoTarium!
NEW Exhibit! Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab at The EcoTarium Now Open!
Step into the lab and be inspired by the animated series and the brilliant work of Thomas Edison! Engaging kids in STEM learning. Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab offers unique, hands-on experiences that introduce STEM concepts.
- Build enthusiasm for related education and careers
- Experience engaging opportunities to actively participate in the scientific process
- Learn about some of the greatest scientists and innovators throughout history who have inspired us all with their ground-breaking discoveries
- Discover invisible forces that seem more like magic than science! Experiment with electricity, magnetism, optics, sound waves and air pressure, and the fun physics laws that shape the world around us.
- Manipulate the classic six simple machines designed by Renaissance scientists to make our work easier – the lever, inclined plane, pulley, screw, wedge, and wheel and axle – with hands-on activities that illustrate the math and physics hard at work.
- Study a giant interactive periodic table of elements for an eye-opening way to study chemistry. Make the connection between the raw elements and how we put them to work for us.
- Investigate materials science, how we use natural and human-made substances and learn more about their properties. Take the touch-screen design challenge by selecting the materials you think will be best to get the job done, and then document your findings at the blogging station.
- Learn basic coding with a fun introduction to no-tech, low-tech and high-tech ways to use technology as a tool and other experiences that introduce applied science.
- Videos, graphics and other digital resources, complement the exhibit’s interactive learning stations and highlight innovative work happening in fields from around the world – from artificial intelligence, to recycling, to medicine, to farming – and present project challenges and games that are sure to help build children’s enthusiasm for STEM early on and inspire the next generation of inventors!
About The EcoTarium
The EcoTarium museum of science and nature in Worcester, Massachusetts offers an indoor-outdoor experience to visitors of all ages. Guests are encouraged to explore three floors of indoor interactive exhibits, live animal habitats, exciting shows in the digital planetarium, daily science discovery programs, hikes through forest and meadow nature trails, outdoor imaginative play, and a narrow-gauge railroad Explorer Express Train. Founded in 1825, it has been a leader in informal science and nature education for nearly 200 years, and today still intent on inspiring a passion for science and nature, welcomes more than 175,000 visitors per year.
Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab at the EcoTarium
222 Harrington Way, Worcester MA 508-929-2700
Exhibit opened on May 26
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for the WCKC e-newsletter!