With the warm weather, PYO Strawberry Season is here! There’s a real flavor difference between locally grown strawberries and those available for purchase at other times of the year. Ripe local strawberries have an intense sweetness! There’s nothing like a field-ripe, juicy flavorful strawberry. Here’s a sampling of Pick Your Own Strawberries in the Central MA area!
Local Pick-Your-Own Strawberry Farms
Please check with farm before heading out as availability and field conditions may close them on a particular day.
- Cordelia’s Farm (Previously Indian Head Farm), Berlin, MA 978-838-2942. Begins June 10.
- Charlton Orchard, Charlton MA 508-248-7820 NO PYO STAWBERRIES FOR 2023
- Verrill Farm, Concord, MA (978) 369-4494. Begins June 9. Call the strawberry hotline for updates on PYO: 978-245-6841.
- Hollis Hills Farm, Fitchburg, MA (978) 696-3130 PYO has opened!
- Lanni Orchards, Lunenburg, MA (978) 582-6246
- Tougas Family Farm, Northborough MA 508-393-6406 Opened on June 2 for PYO, check daily.
- Nourse Farm, Westborough MA 508-366-2644. PYO now open.
Tips for PYO Strawberries.
- Dress comfortably for the weather and remember you will get dirty!
- Wear a hat and/or sunscreen.
- It’s always a good idea to call ahead and inquire about picking conditions as crop availability can change daily.
- Majority of the U-Pick farms provide containers, but you may want to call ahead and check.
- If you would like to bring your own container to take fruit home, more than likely you can transfer the berries after picking.
For a full list of local farms and fruit for all seasons, visit our Pick-Your-Own Directory.
See you on the farm!