Library Spotlight Series: Rutland Public Library
Throughout the fall and winter of 2019-2020, WCKC will be highlighting Central MA public libraries to find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What fall programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
This week we chose Rutland Public Library!
Regular weekly events:
- Tuesday Mornings at 10 am: Romp & Stomp! Music, Dance, Stories and Fun. Follows the WRSD school calendar.
- Wednesday Mornings at 10:30 am: Toddler Time! Stories, rhymes, songs and a simple craft.
- Thursday Mornings at 10:30 am: Special story time for 3-4 yr olds.
- Friday Mornings at 10:30 am: Mother Goose Time! Ages 0-2. 30 minutes of stories, rhymes, instruments, scarves and laughs.
The Rutland Library just received a large grant to make over their baby play area as well as other areas in the children’s section. They have done a fantastic job. Babies have their own special inviting area with wonderful books and learning toys. The preschool area has a full kitchen, train, puzzle, and magna tile tables, puppet theatre and more!
You can also find Teen Advisory meetings, Read to Rocky (a therapy dog), and Holiday events. Check WCKC calendar of events or directly on the library website.
Discounted Museum/Attraction Passes Offered:
- Davis Farmland
- Worcester Art Museum
- Massachusetts State Parks
- Mystic Aquarium
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tuesday- Thursday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Friday: 10 am – 1 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm from Labor Day to Memorial Day
Rutland Public Library
280 Main Street, Rutland MA
Westminster! Great play area, programs, a garden.
Thanks for the tip Elise! We will have to check them out!