Rat Bites! Easy Halloween Treat!
Rat Bites! Easy Halloween Treat! My ever-inventive mother spied this super-cute, edible Halloween craft from a family magazine and had it all ready for the grandkids’ visit. Do it up!
Below are the instructions from Family Fun Magazine (See the video to watch how it’s made!). I’ve added my experienced commentary in blue 😉
Halloween Treat Ingredients
- sliced almonds
- black string licorice (We used those Twizzlers that you can pull apart like string cheese.)
- chocolate- covered sunflower seeds (We used tic-tacs because where in the world do you find chocolate covered sunflower seeds??)
- chocolate frosting
- pink candy pearls (My mom found these in the baker’s section, but you could use Sixlets candies, too.)
- chocolate sprinkles (We used rainbow sprinkles because we like our rats colorful.)
- box of cake doughnuts
Halloween Treat Instructions:
- Slice doughnut in half
- Cut out sections to create a head (We didn’t make all those fancy notches for fear the doughnut would fall apart resulting in tears. We made small slivers on one end so the face was more narrow than the bum.)
- Freeze the doughnut for several hours (This is important so the doughnut doesn’t crumble when you’re frosting it)
- Frost the doughnut (To make this easier for the kids, we stuck a wooden skewer vertically through the middle. The kids could hold onto the skewer while frosting. Much easier.)
- Use a fork to make fur
- Add a pearl nose, ears and whiskers
Do you have an easy Halloween Treat you make at home? Tell us about it in comments below.
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for the WCKC weekly e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Instagram!!