Throughout the fall and winter of 2019-2020, WCKC will be highlighting Central MA public libraries to find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
This week we highlight Shrewsbury Public Library!
Shrewsbury Public Library is one of the busiest libraries in Central MA. You will find many events for families throughout the week. They are open 7 days a week! A great place to go on a cold, winter day.
Regular Weekly Events
- Book Beats: An early literacy storytime & movement program for 2-3 year olds.
- LEGO Build It!: Take on a challenge or build as you wish.
- Babies, Books, and Bubbles: Stories and fingerplay for birth-2 years.
- Wiggle Words: Books, songs and dancing for littles through age 3.
- Tinker Time: A S.T.E.A.M program for ages 2-4.
- Preschool Yoga: Yoga for preschoolers and their parents.
- Chess Club For Kids
You will also find special craft days, holiday events, Girls Who Code, teen gaming, read to a dog and more!
Save the date: Monday 12/30: Harry Potter Party! (No registration required)
Please check the library website directly for updated events.
Discounted Museum/Attraction Passes Offered
- Belkin Family Lookout Farm
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Davis Farmland
- Discovery Museum
- Garden in the Woods
- Harvard Arts Museum
- Harvard Museum of Natural History
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- MA State Police Museum and Learning Center
- MA Parks Pass
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Science
- Mystic Aquarium
- NE Aquarium
- Norman Rockwell Museum
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Roger Williams Park Zoo
- Salem Witch Museum
- Southwick’s Zoo
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- USS Constitution Museum
- Details on each pass here!
- Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 10 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm (Closed Saturdays before a Monday holiday)
- Sunday: 1 pm-5 pm (Closed Sundays before a Monday holiday)
Shrewsbury Public Library
609 Main Street, Shrewsbury MA
Want to read about the other libraries we’ve highlighted? Find them here:
- Forbush Memorial
- Gale Free Library (Holden)
- Rutland Library
- Frances Perkins (Worcester)
- Oxford Free Library
- Richards Memorial Library (Paxton)
Is there a library we should highlight? Drop us a suggestion in the comments!