Memorial Day Weekend – OSV Wool Days
Memorial Day Weekend – OSV Wool Days! The sheep get their yearly “haircuts” this weekend at Old Sturbridge Village. Visit Saturday, Sunday or Monday and watch farmers shear the sheep, see costumed historians demonstrate the entire wool textile process from scouring and carding the wool to spinning and then knitting the hand-spun wool yarn.
OSV Highlights Include
- Learn about the natural dyes used to produce an amazing array of colors in the 19th century and about other animals that gives us wool.
- See a demonstration of spinning woolen yarn on the great wheel.
- Discover how wool can be transformed into household fabrics and clothing.
- Watch wool felt being made into an appliqué table cover.
- Meet the animals, including lambs, chickens, cows, oxen, and visiting llamas and alpacas
- Watch a host of daily demonstrations, including, hearth cooking, printing, coopering, blacksmithing, shoe-making, cabinetmaking, and more!
- Find sheep plushies, skeins of yarn, learn to knit kits, and more in the Miner Grant Store
OSV Regular Daytime Admission
- Adults $30.00
- Seniors (55 and over) $28.00
- Youths (3-17) $15.00
- Children age 3 and under Admitted Free
- Purchase Online
- FREE parking
OSV Wool Days
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge MA (508) 347-3362
Saturday, May 27 – Monday, May 29, 2023; 9:30am – 5:00pm
Don’t miss a thing, sign up for the WCKC weekly e-newsletter!
Photo: Old Sturbridge Village