Maple Days at Old Sturbridge Village – March 19 Last Day!
Maple Days at Old Sturbridge Village runs Wednesday – Sunday, February 22nd – March 19th.
For many at Old Sturbridge Village, the first whiff of spring isn’t the aroma of spring flowers – it’s the smell of wood smoke and maple syrup, a sure sign that the sap is rising and spring is on the way. Join OSV for “Maple Days” select dates in February and March, when the Village’s working sugar camp demonstrates maple sugaring as it was done in early 19th-century New England.
Join OSV for Maple Days:
- See maple sugaring as it was done in early 19th-century rural New England in OSV’s working sugar camp.
- See the entire sugar-making process, from tapping the trees to “sugaring off”.
- Learn why maple sugar was more commonly used than maple syrup in early New England.
- Costumed historians will also cook period foods made with maple products by the hearth at the Village’s Freeman Farm.
- In addition, the tinner and cooper will be making maple related items.
- A wide variety of maple products are available at the Ox & Yoke Mercantile, including syrup, maple-scented bath and body products, maple candy, maple recipe books, and more.
- Additional winter season events include walking through historic buildings, engaging with costumed historians, and seeing heritage-breed animals.
Seniors (55 and over) $26.00
College Student (with valid college ID) $14
Youths (4-17) $14.00
Children age 3 and under Admitted Free
Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.osv.org/event/maple-days/
Dates: Wednesdays – Sundays Feb 22 – March 19
Hours: 9:30 am- 4:00 pm
Maple Days at Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge MA (508) 347-3362
Follow WCKC on Facebook and Instagram for all things Central MA!
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for the WCKC e-newsletter!