This year, WCKC will continue to highlight Central MA public libraries and find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
This month, a WCKC fan recommended we highlight the Leominster Library!
On our recent visit, we found lots of inviting spaces for all ages in the children’s room. A quiet baby area with a rocking chair for young visitors and a larger area for older kids to do puzzles, legos, and imaginative play. They even have computer stations to do learning games via the AWE system.
We love all the programming and found a nice selection of Saturday events for busy families. They are open 7 days a week, 6 days in the summertime. You will find plenty of free parking behind the library or there are also a few spots on West Street.
Regular Weekly Events:
- Tuesday Morning Preschool Story Time: Ages 3 – 5. Drop In
- Wednesday Morning Terrific Two’s Story and Music Time: For 2 yr olds and a caregiver. Drop In
- Thursday Morning Bunny Story Time with Daisy: Ages 12-24 months. Drop in
- (Most) Friday Mornings: Fun events featuring a different activity. Registration Required
- Monday Morning Kiddie Music Time-Drop In
- Amazing Girls Books Club (Ages 8-12)
- Saturday Daddy & Me
- LEGO Inventors
On the February calendar, you will find special craft events, musical, animal, Tower Hill, and February Vacation specials. Please check the library website directly for updated events.
Discounted Museum/Attraction Passes Offered:
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Discovery Museum
- Davis Farmland
- Fitchburg Art Museum
- Museum of Russian Icons
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Science
- Mystic Aquarium
- New England Aquarium
- Roger Williams Zoo
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- USS Constitution Museum
- Details on each pass here!
- Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm (9-1 in July and August)
- Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm (Labor Day to Memorial Day)
30 West Street, Leominster MA
What other libraries have we highlighted? Find them here:
- Conant Public Library (Sterling)
- Beaman Library (West Boylston)
- Forbush Memorial (Westminster)
- Gale Free Library (Holden)
- Rutland Library
- Frances Perkins (Worcester)
- Oxford Free Library
- Richards Memorial Library (Paxton)
- Shrewsbury Library
- Spencer Library
- Leominster Library