The Haunted Hillando Halloween Maze is a tradition in Shrewsbury, and community spirit for Halloween is strong! For the past several years, the McNamara family has been building and hosting a kid-friendly Halloween maze in their yard for the residents of Shrewsbury and surrounding communities.
The maze is fairly challenging, but most guests can make it through in 5-15 minutes. The 2020 maze was a drive through due to Covid. The 2019 maze had several different areas waiting to be discovered including:
- witch hut
- skeleton graveyard
- spider’s lair
- pet cemetery
- scarecrow/jack o’lantern area
- haunted graveyard!
What is in store for 2021? You’ll have to go to find out!
Great for all ages
Decorations are all reasonably appropriate for all ages; nothing jumps at you (though there are some animated props this year) and there is no blood, gore, weapons, or implied violence. The maze is well-lit, and filled with ghosts, skeletons, witches, spiders, scarecrows, and jack o’ lanterns just hanging out and looking creepy. The McNamaras’ goal in creating this walkthrough was to help folks make Halloween memories together, not create nightmares for the kids!
- Parental supervision and considerate use of the maze are requested and expected.
- Visitors may touch the ghosts and skeletons gently, and should feel free to pose for photos with the ghouls, but please refrain from moving props.
- Please wear a mask and maintain a reasonable social distance to those not in your party.
It’s for a good cause
There is no admission charge for the maze, but voluntary donations for Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services, Inc. (SYFS) are appreciated, and there will be a concession area with seasonal snacks and warm apple cider for sale.
Location & Hours
- The Haunted Hillando Halloween Maze is at 48 Hillando Drive in Shrewsbury; just a few minutes south of Dean Park, off of Walnut St.
- The entrance to the maze is clearly marked, and someone will be available to provide instructions for guests, if needed.
- The maze will be open to the public from 6:30pm to 8:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays throughout October, the start date is October 1st for 2021.
Haunted Hillando Halloween Maze
48 Hillando Drive, Shrewsbury MA
Fridays and Saturdays throughout October; 6:30pm – 8:30pm (Start date October 1)
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for the WCKC weekly e-newsletter!