Library Spotlight Series: Gale Free Library in Holden
Photo Credit: Kill the Ball Media
Throughout the fall and winter of 2019-2020, WCKC will be highlighting Central MA public libraries to find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What fall programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
This week we chose Gale Free Library!
Regular weekly events:
- Every-other Thursday Morning from 10 am – Noon: Creative Playtime! Blocks, Cardboard Bricks, Dolls, Puzzles, Toys to engage your child in creative play. Meet other moms and caregivers in this informal setting.
- Every-other Thursday Morning at 10 am: Drop in Storytime for kids 5 and under.
- Lap Sit Storytime: Registration begins on 10/4 and runs weekly beginning on 10/18. Each session is 3 weeks long. Ages 0-3 with a caregiver. This usually sells out, so call early. Twenty minutes of stories, fingerplay, songs beginning at 10 am.
- Wednesdays from 4pm – 5pm: Lego Club Jr! Registration required for these 3 week sessions. Ages 4-6. Each 3-week session will focus on creating a custom holiday-themed display for the library. Kids will learn techniques as they make one-of-a-kind creations. Registration for all sessions is required. **There is also a Lego Club for ages 7-11!
Gale Free Library has a wonderful children’s room. The boat for younger children is definitely a favorite. On any given day, you can watch children setting sail. Preschoolers also love the LEGO table, doll house and bin of dinosaurs and jungle animals.
Discounted Museum/Attraction Passes Offered:
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Discovery Museum
- Davis Farmland
- Garden in the Wods
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Mass State Parks
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Mystic Aquarium
- Tower Hill Botanical Garden
- USS Constitution Museum
- Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Historical Museum
- Monday & Friday: 9:30am- 5:30pm
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 9:30am – 8:00pm
- Saturday: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Gale Free Library
23 Highland Street, Holden, MA 01520
Photo: Kill the Ball Media
Is there a library we should highlight? Drop us a suggestion in the comments!