Library Spotlight Series: Gale Free Library in Holden
Photo Credit: Kill the Ball Media
Throughout the fall and winter of 2019-2020, WCKC will be highlighting Central MA public libraries to find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What fall programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
This week we chose Gale Free Library!
Regular weekly events:
- Every-other Thursday Morning from 10 am – Noon: Creative Playtime! Blocks, Cardboard Bricks, Dolls, Puzzles, Toys to engage your child in creative play. Meet other moms and caregivers in this informal setting.
- Every-other Thursday Morning at 10 am: Drop in Storytime for kids 5 and under.
- Lap Sit Storytime: Registration begins on 10/4 and runs weekly beginning on 10/18. Each session is 3 weeks long. Ages 0-3 with a caregiver. This usually sells out, so call early. Twenty minutes of stories, fingerplay, songs beginning at 10 am.
- Wednesdays from 4pm – 5pm: Lego Club Jr! Registration required for these 3 week sessions. Ages 4-6. Each 3-week session will focus on creating a custom holiday-themed display for the library. Kids will learn techniques as they make one-of-a-kind creations. Registration for all sessions is required. **There is also a Lego Club for ages 7-11!
Gale Free Library has a wonderful children’s room. The boat for younger children is definitely a favorite. On any given day, you can watch children setting sail. Preschoolers also love the LEGO table, doll house and bin of dinosaurs and jungle animals.
The library also has holiday events, concerts, monthly scavenger hunts and more. Check WCKC calendar of events or directly on the library’s website.
Discounted Museum/Attraction Passes Offered:
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Discovery Museum
- Davis Farmland
- Garden in the Wods
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Mass State Parks
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Mystic Aquarium
- Tower Hill Botanical Garden
- USS Constitution Museum
- Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Historical Museum
- Monday & Friday: 9:30am- 5:30pm
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 9:30am – 8:00pm
- Saturday: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Gale Free Library
23 Highland Street, Holden, MA 01520
Photo: Kill the Ball Media
Other Libraries we’ve highlighted: Rutland, Millbury, Frances Perkins
Is there a library we should highlight? Drop us a suggestion in the comments!
Definitely put Oxford’s library on the list to be checked out!
Thanks Amanda! We will do that!
Hi Stacy! Thank you. We love Rutland Library and highlighted them last week. Check it out here: http://darens1.sg-host.com/places-to-go/library-spotlight-series/rutland-public-library/
**You’ve given us a great idea each time we highlight a new library. We will now include links to all the libraries we’ve already done at the bottom. Thank you!