15 Experience Gifts for 2021 Gift Giving! This year, we have decided to include many experience gifts to our holiday list. These gifts allows families to decide when to use the gift, and also reduces clutter in the house. However, we understand it’s probably not practical to give 100% of your gifts in the form of experiences, but even switching a few over will help spread the holiday cheer throughout the year.
Experience Gifts for 2021
- Gift card for local ice cream shops or a kid-friendly restaurant. Kids love the promise of ice cream.
- Passes to an area zoo. Memberships or day passes are available for advance purchase! Perfect for the animal-loving kid in your life. Some of our family favorites are EcoTarium, Southwick’s Zoo, Davis Farmland and Roger Williams Park Zoo.
- A gift card to Worcester Art Museum for youth art classes.
- State or National Park passes. State Park passes include parking for many area lakes.
- Have a child that loves to bake? Wrap up some fun sprinkles (we found unicorn sprinkles), some mixes, a fun spatula and/or bowl.
- A subscription box – pick your kid’s passion and gift it in a monthly box!
- Promises of the beach. It may not seem like it now, but beach weather will be here before we know it! A pail, a shovel, a new bathing suit and a promise of a day at your favorite beach when the weather warms up.
- Gymnastics or Dance classes – complete with a gifted new tutu or leotard. Sterling Gym has lots of variety in class offerings for all ages.
- Seeds and seed boxes to get them started on their own little garden. Our girls love this yearly gift!
- A gift card for mini golfing or a par three golf course depending on the kids’ age and skill.
- A donation to a charity – you can even let the child choose! Donations to National Wild Life Federation have symbolic animal adoptions with a stuffed animal as a thank you gift.
- Indoor climbing excursion. Central Rock Gym is located in Worcester!
- Massachusetts Audubon memberships. At the time of writing, memberships were on sale.
- A musical instrument & the gift of lessons. Pakachoag Music School is one quality local option.
- Plan a camping trip and gift the supplies needed for the trip – a new tent, lantern or camping chair are always big hits in our house. Local camp grounds here.
What experiences do you like to gift?