Easy Blueberry Muffin Recipe. It’s blueberry PYO Season, that means it’s time to make a fresh batch of blueberry muffins. We always make more for the freezer this time of year. You can find this recipe courtesy of InspiredTaste.Net
Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins
PREP 10mins-COOK 20mins-TOTAL 30mins
This easy blueberry muffins recipe makes eight large, big-topped muffins, ten standard muffins or 20 to 22 mini muffins (see note below about baking time for mini muffins). Since most standard muffin tins have 12 muffin cups, if you plan on making the larger muffins, we recommend adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to the empty cups. This way the cups with water will heat up at the same rate as the cups with muffin batter, helping the muffins bake evenly.
Makes 8 large, big-topped muffins / 10 standard muffins / 20-22 mini muffins
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral-flavored oil; canola, vegetable and grape seed are great
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk; dairy and non-dairy both work
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries; see note below about frozen berries (about 1 cup)
PREPARE OVEN AND MUFFIN CUPS
Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil to a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (1/3 to 1/2 cup milk). Add vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick — see note below for more details). Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. (If making big-topped muffins, the batter will come to the tops of the paper liners). Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer to a cooling rack.
To store, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and store at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. To freeze, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place them in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: Serving Size 1 muffin / Calories 217 / Protein 3 g / Carbohydrate 33 g / Dietary Fiber 1 g / Total Sugars 18 g / Total Fat 8 g / Saturated Fat 1 g / Cholesterol 20 mg
For more kid-friendly recipes see the WCKC recipe section!