Create this sweet photo keepsake!
Father’s Day is coming soon!
I love the idea of helping my daughter make something for birthdays and holiday gifts. Of course, that is always easier said than done. However, this idea I found on Pinterest was not only super easy but also fun for my two year old.
You never know what you are going to get when you try a Pinterest project but this one was easy enough for even me to pull off!
Picture Frame with Painted Matte Border
- Time from Start to Finish: 15 minutes at most
- Patience Required: 3 on a scale of 1-10; it was not frustrating for either of us
- I will call it a Pinterest Win!
- A frame with a thick white matte
- A black and white photo
- Finger paints or paint with paintbrushes
- Heart stickers
- Cover the area with newspaper.
- Put out the white matte.
- Prepare a few paint colors. We had yellow, blue and red. Less is more!
- Place heart stickers on the matte
- Let the kid paint!
- After painting is complete, remove the stickers and allow the matte to dry.
- I didn’t press the hearts down firmly because I wanted them to be easy to take off. Poor choice. Stray toddler paint strikes made its way under the sticker.
- We used just three primary colors and talked about how mixing colors will get you orange or purple etc. but I also didn’t want it covered with a puke color. I had white paper for my daughter to paint on after I wanted her to stop painting the matte.