Discovery Museum announces opening of Adventure Hill, a new nature exploration outdoor exhibit!
Discovery Museum just announced the opening of Adventure Hill, a new outdoor exhibit for children ages 2 to 12 that encourages nature exploration and gross motor play including climbing, sliding, scrambling, hiding, observing, balancing, and exploring!
- The 15 ft hill is attached to the 550 sq ft Discovery Treehouse by a Wiggly Bridge that accesses an Observation Deck at the top of the hill.
- The exhibit includes numerous connected elements including a Fort, Platform, Tunnel, Rock Climb, Stone Scramble, and a Slide.
- Adventure Hill was developed based on Universal Design Principles to be useable by the widest range of people and abilities.
Hours of Operation
- Summer hours (through September 1):
- Open 7 days, 9am to 4:30pm
- Open Fridays until 8pm with free admission beginning 4:30pm.
- School Year hours: (begin September 10):
- Open 9am to 4:30pm Tuesdays through Sundays
- Closed Mondays except holidays
- Open the first Friday of the month until 8pm with free admission beginning 4:30pm.
- Closed September 2nd through 9th.
The Discovery Museum
177 Main Street (Route 27), Acton MA 978-264-4200