Cute keepsakes! Adorable Valentine’s Day gifts from the kids.
Are you looking for some sweet homemade Valentine’s Day gift ideas from the kids? Below are a few creative keepsakes that anyone would love (think: mom, dad, grandparents, teachers, friends, guy at the deli counter). XOXO
This one’s a great gift for a school teacher, grandma or special friend. Or anyone with dry hands.
- Card stock
- Tube of lotion
- Double-sided tape
- Trace your child’s hand on card stock. Cut out the traced hand and use it as a template to make a second hand.
- Write a message with marker. Affix the hands to a tube of lotion and add card stock hearts with double-sided tape.Suggested Messages:
“You deserve a hand!”
“Hands down, you’re the best.”
“I’ve got to hand it to you!”
Here’s a fun project that will let your child hammer home just how much a dear friend or relative means to her.
- Small piece of wood
- Acrylic paint and brushes
- Sandpaper, optional
- Eight cut nails
- Flexible wire (such as lead free solder wire)
- Ball chain
- Old magazines or newspaper
- Brush paint on front and sides of wood and let it dry thoroughly. If desired, sand the painted surface to create an antique look.
- Draw a heart shape on the wood using a pencil. Then, hammer the nails halfway into the wood, spacing them evenly along the heart outline.
- Wrap and twist lengths of wire and ball chain around the nails. You can also embellish the design with a wire arrow.
- For a finishing touch, add a Valentine’s message using letters cut from the magazines or newspaper.
Valentine’s Day Frames
These easy frames are as cheerful and humble as the illustrations they’re meant for.
- Plain cardboard
- Decorative (flat) pushpins for map tacks
- Adorable photo or artwork (something special the little ones have created, perhaps?)
- Binder clips
- Cut two pieces of corrugated cardboard slightly larger than artwork.
- Glue cardboard together to make a thick frame (so the tacks won’t poke through).
- Attach photo or drawing to cardboard with map tacks or pushpins.
- Attach a binder clip for hanging.