Craft & A Book: Valentine’s Day
There’s nothing better than snuggling up with a good book on a cold, wintery day – except maybe enjoying an easy craft with the kids. This craft is perfect for elementary aged kids or preschoolers with some extra help. Plus, we have the perfect Valentine’s Day themed book to pair with it!
Craft & a Book is a new series that will feature a craft you can pair with an awesome Usborne Books and More (UBAM) book to read aloud with your kids.
Baby bunny tries to sleep through a storm but there are so many strange noises outside! Mama reassuringly explains each sound, introducing other animals along the way, and ending with the gentle PIT-A-PAT – the song of Mama’s ever-loving heart. This book is good for kids ages 2+. You can find the book for purchase here.
Toilet Paper Rolls
Paints (we used blue, pink and purple)
- Fold the toilet paper roll into a heart shape and dip it into your first paint color. Make sure to cover the edges thoroughly for best results.
- Use the toilet paper as a stamp repeating the process as needed across the page.
- Use a different toilet paper roll for each color you choose.
- Use the sharpie to draw the balloon strings.
- You did it! You have a beautiful Valentine’s Day Balloon Bouquet
By: Sarah Eriksen
Sarah is an Usborne Books and More Consultant and a mom to two elementary school aged kids in Worcester County. She can be found on her Facebook page Books, I love to Read with Sarah Eriksen.
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for the WCKC e-newsletter!