Here’s your Central MA WCKC Weekly Boredom Busters for 2/8-2/14!
What’s open, what’s virtual, what can I do with my kids at home this week? We have compiled a list of some boredom busters for you. And stay tuned, we will feature new ideas each week!
Get out of the house!
- Animal Adventures Book a private tour with your family or sign up for Story Time Tuesday. Animal Adventures is a family zoo & rescue center located in Bolton.
- Central MA Indoor Play Parks Book a private play session, see our guide!
- FunStuf Party Place is having free Build-A-Bears for February School Vacation Week! Each day is a different animal. Registration is required. Slots may sell out.
- Indoor Pool Anyone? Book an overnight at one of these hotels in MA and sign up for swim time in the hotel pool.
Have Fun Virtually
- Did everyone enjoy the viral video of the panda playing in the snow at the Smithsonian Zoo last week? Well, with My Cornacopia you can visit zoos from around the world!
- Socialization is so hard to come by during these covid times. Check out the Worcester Family Partnership which hosts virtual playgroups every week day at 10 am. Enjoy songs, crafts and special events throughout the month.
- Missing library story time? Leominster holds their virtual preschool story time Tuesdays at 10 and Shrewsbury does “Wiggle Words“ on their Facebook live Thursdays at 10.
At Home Crafts/Ideas/Projects
- Fitchburg Art Museum’s Make and Learn at home art projects are great! The open-ended activities can be adapted for a wide range of ages, and require things found around the home as well as some common, inexpensive art supplies.
- Kids love to make the ispy treasure in a bottle. Easy to make with items found around the house.
- Super Cool Slime. Ready for some gooey fun? Check out these 3 borax free recipes!
What has helped keep your family active, engaged and busy during these months of restrictions? Maybe we will feature your idea next week!