Here’s your Central MA WCKC Weekly Boredom Busters for 2/15-2/21!
What’s open, what’s virtual, what can I do with my kids at home this week? We have compiled a list of some boredom busters for you. And stay tuned, we will feature new ideas each week!
Get out of the house!
- The Christopher Columbus Park in Boston is decorated with themed lights this month for Valentine’s Day. The “Tunnel of Love” is open nightly at 4pm through 2/21. Enjoy the lights and music, wear your favorite mask and take some pictures with the ones you love. You can also take in Boston’s Seaport which has lots of outdoor winter activities going on for free! Curling, cornhole, jenga and more. Masks and social distancing are required.
- Have you eaten at Davis Farmland’s new year round restaurant? Davis BBQ serves up delicious BBQ and diners can visit with animals in their winter barn. Check out our review!
- Sign up for swim lessons. According to the CDC, swim lessons are a safe activity right now. Check out our guide to Central MA indoor swimming lessons.
- Check our February Vacation Guide for dozens of ideas!
Have Fun Virtually
- Boston Public Library has great kid-focused virtual events all week long next week: story times, crafts, music-maker workshops and more. Check their Facebook to register for these events and get the zoom links!
- Tidepool Bookshop has ongoing weekly story time on Friday mornings for ages 3-5 via zoom.
- Did you enjoy the panda playing in the zoo video that went viral last week? The Smithsonian Zoo in Washington collected 8 “firsts” for their pandas from the month of January. Check out these cute panda videos!
At Home Crafts/Ideas/Projects
- Remember when we could go to Home Depot for their weekly building activities for free? Home Depot has responded to that absence with take home kits! Order Home Depot Kid’s Boxes today!
- PYO pottery kits to go are available at local art studios! We are looking into diving into one we picked up this week over February vacation.
- Fun toddler activity: You’ve Got Mail!
What has helped keep your family active, engaged and busy during these months of restrictions? Maybe we will feature your idea next week!