WCKC weekly highlights of where to go and what to do with the kids: we have compiled a list of some of our favorite & current boredom busters for you. Stay tuned, we will have new ideas for you each week!
Get out of the house!
- Drawbridge Puppet Theater is back and offering outdoor shows. In May, you can see Chicken Little and The Three Pigs each Wednesday and Saturday evening.
- Six Flags Walk Thru Dinosaur Exhibit is now open! You can’t enjoy the rides right now, but you can journey back in time with this cool experience!
- The EcoTarium outdoor exhibits are now open Fridays-Sundays. Online tickets are required. Spend the day in their awesome Nature’s Playground and visit the Cats and River Otters!
- It’s going to be a nice weekend! Sounds like a perfect week for an ice cream date. Check out our Ice Cream Guide.
- Visit Hammond Castle in Gloucester. The kids will love exploring a real castle!
At Home Crafts/Ideas/Projects
- Let’s Cake Decorate has incredible take home kits to decorate your own cakes and cupcakes. She even delivers within 35 miles of Charlton!
- The Cookie Lady’s Daughter has Star Wars (May the 4th be with you) and Taco (Cinco De Mayo) cookie decorating kits! Order Here. Pick up is on May 4th for these kits.
- Spring is here which means it’s time to get those gardens going. Montessori Rocks has some great suggestions for how to do a kid directed and maintained vegetable garden (and stay tuned for updates on our future kid created vegetable garden).
Summer Camp? It’s not too early to plan for Summer Camp 2021. See our Summer Camp Guide for great local options.
How are you keeping your family active, engaged and busy this spring? Maybe we will feature your ideas next week!
Check our calendar pages for events 365 days a year!