Celebrate Earth Day in Central MA! Earth Day is Saturday April 22! There are so many wonderful ways to celebrate Mother Earth right here in Central MA! Check back often as our list will expand as more events come in!
Celebrate Mother Earth in Central MA & Beyond
All events are on Saturday 4/22 unless noted.
- New England Botanic Garden See the explosion of spring flowers. Spend the afternoon walking the trails. Explore the new amazing children’s garden!
- Village Earth Week at Old Sturbridge Village. Runs April 19-23 with special events on Earth Day.
- Fruitlands Fairy Forest at Fruitlands Museum in Harvard
- Visit the Butterfly Museum in Westford!
- Earth Day at the EcoTarium. Their annual earth day celebration is from 10-5. Visit the animals, explore the trails, participate in activities, art projects and scavenger hunts.
- Discovery Museum Earth Day Celebration
- Hit up a local stroller/bike friendly trail.
- 3rd Annual Meadow Farm in Lunenburg Earth Day Festival on Sunday 4/23. Alpacas, vendors, crafts for kids and more! 11am-3pm
- Roger Williams Park Zoo Earth Day: Live music, animals, shows, interactive booths and more!
- Earth Day Celebration at Wells State Park Children’s crafts & entertainment, seedling giveaway, trails and more.
- Party for the Planet at Franklin Park Zoo Conservation stations, zookeeper chats, games and activities & more.
- See our calendar of events for additional activities!
There are plenty of great family activities you can do to help our planet—attend a Farmer’s Market to purchase sustainable products; plant a blueberry bush in your yard (tasty food for you and the wildlife); take a stab at eliminating paper towels, napkins and plates for a month. Tell us your ideas in the comments below!
Looking for Earth Day Resolutions? We have some family-friendly recommendations for you, too!