The Butterfly Place in Westford Opened for the Season on Valentine’s Day!
On a trip to Key West a few years ago, my children and I visited a beautiful butterfly museum. Amazing! Inside the rainforest-esque atmosphere where thousands of colorful butterflies fluttering about the tropical flowers. It was eye candy of the best kind.
Who knew there was something similar so close to home? The Butterfly Place in Westford, MA is home to New England butterflies and tropical species from all over the world.
Having not personally been, their website offers this:
“Walk along a winding pathway. Observe butterflies sipping from flowers, basking in the sunshine and flying freely in a natural habitat. Enjoy our koi fish and quail birds which live among the butterflies. Visit the “show and tell bench” where a staff member is always available to answer your questions and help make your visit fun. See eggs, caterpillars or other interesting creatures up close.”
Hours of Operation
- Open Seven Days a Week from February 14th (Valentine’s Day) through Columbus Day (early October)
- 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Entrance ticket sales end at 3:30 PM, and new customers will not be admitted into the exhibits after 3:30 PM.
- Visit The Butterfly Place Facebook page for last minute news.
- Adults: $14.00
- Seniors (65+): $12.00
- Children (3-12 years): $10.00
- Children (2 and under): Free
The Butterfly Place Open for the Season
120 Tyngsboro, Westford MA 01886
Check out our calendar for other options of family friendly events!