Birch Hill Summer Camps
Birch Hill is a family owned, classic New England summer camp for boys and girls ages 6 to 16. With a focus on fun, our elective program allows campers to choose from over 50 activities to create a personalized schedule throughout their 2, 4, or 6 week stay while constantly being given the encouragement and option to try new activities.
Over 50 Elective Camp Activities!
Our camp activities are created and facilitated in a way that encourages campers to develop skills and explore new interests in a safe and fun environment. Our elective program empowers campers to try a multitude of activities throughout their stay and to customize their schedule to suit their individual interests and aspirations.
- Evening programs, campfires, socials, overnight campouts, cookouts, theatre productions, talent nights, cabin skits, carnivals and our exciting off-site adventures round out an active and fun- packed Birch Hill summer.
- Facilities include an indoor gymnasium, horse stables, a riding ring and trails, ball fields, four clay tennis courts, two paddle tennis courts, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, beach volleyball, street hockey arena, golf driving range, and a fun miniature golf course.
- 2,000 feet of shoreline and crystal clear waters of our private lake along with the expansive waters of Merrymeeting Lake for water-skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing.
- Newly rebuilt climbing tower, low ropes course and high ropes course that connects to our 200 ft. zipline!
- Click here to see a full list of activities and descriptions!
Please contact our office to hear about our Teen Adventure Program, Healthy Food Options, White-Water Rafting Trip option and special Day Trips.
Camp & Cabin Life!
Daily Camp Life
When camp is in session the days are divided in to “activity days” and “special days” and each camper has an individual schedule based on activities they have chosen. Activities include on-campus options like horseback riding or ultimate frisbee and off-campus trips like hiking Mt. Major or a visit to a local water park. Click here to see a sample Daily Schedule.
Birch Hill Cabins
Cabins at Birch Hill are comfortable and consist of 8-10 campers of the same age. Each cabin is supervised by two counselors and has a full bathroom, hot water and electricity. Bedtime or “Light’s Out” is determined by camper age group. Laundry is provided once a week for campers.
We have a suggested packing list which outlines what campers should bring to camp. There is no uniform for Birch Hill campers, they will be given a camp t-shirt to wear on off camp trips. Birch Hill can provide linens to campers at an additional charge.
Read some Birch Hill Camp Testimonials!
Our Camp Staff Rocks!
4:1 Camper to Staff Ratio!
Our staff is primarily college students, graduates, faculty and former Birch Hill campers. Together we are a diverse group of mature, dignified role models coming from both the United States and abroad. Despite our different backgrounds, as camp counselors and staff there is a common thread that connects us all and brings us together in this magical place that we feel is our home away from home. We love teaching and having fun while maintaining a safe environment that facilitates growth for our campers.
At the beginning of each summer, our counselors attend a week-long, comprehensive training course that speaks our values as an organization. Because our staff are hired based on competency in an activity area, this orientation is focused on addressing overarching concepts around making sure each and every camper feels comfortable and at home here at Birch Hill. We strive to hire staff members who have a cheerful disposition and embody the Birch Hill spirit. We bring you the best people for the job.
Come for a Tour!
Come up for a family or group tour – we are happy to show you around! Located in the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire, Camp Birch Hill is ideally located 10 miles south of Lake Winnipesaukee, 35 miles NW of Portsmouth, NH.
The camp features a crystal clear swimming lake with 2,000 feet of sandy beach shoreline and the expansive waters of Merry Meeting Lake for water-skiing, wakeboarding and tubing.
Above all, Camp Birch Hill is about the Experience, Friendships and the Memories! We are dedicated to providing a safe, fun, positive, family oriented environment in which our campers have the self confidence and camaraderie to grow, make new friends and create memories for a lifetime.
Dates & Pricing
2 Week Sessions
- June 25 – July 8, 2017
- July 9 – July 22, 2017
- July 23 – August 5, 2017
- Register Now!
4 Week Sessions
- June 25 – July 22, 2017
- July 9 – August 5, 2017
- Register Now!
6 Week Sessions
- June 25 – August 5, 2017
- Register Now!
Additional Cost & Payment Info
- We have adopted an inclusive payment policy. The fee includes: tuition, horseback riding, water skiing, camp trips, laundry service, t-shirt, and water bottle.
- Single Sibling Discount – $100 off per camper. Multiple Sibling Discount – $200 off per camper.
- At Camp Birch Hill we believe every child deserves the summer camp experience. Contact us, or enroll online to see alternative payment and discount options.
Whitewater Rafting Trip: $150 Airport Pick Up / Drop Off: $50 each way. Linens / Bedding: $30 per session includes: sheet set, pillow, pillow case, sleeping bag, beach towel, 2 bath towel, washcloth and laundry bag.
Camp Birch Hill
333C Birch Hill Road, New Durham NH (603) 859-4525