It’s April Vacation in Central Mass and the kids are out of school, now what? We’ve compiled a list of some ways to spend time having fun with the family. Check back often as we will be updating this page!
- Book a family tour at Plain View Farm in Hubbardston and learn about Alpacas
- See the explosion of flowers at Tower Hill’s Hello Spring!
- Boundless Adventures is open for the season! Get your tix early for vacation week!
- Trombetta’s Mini Golf (Indoor/Outdoor environment). Oh we love their course and ice cream!
- Southwick’s Zoo is open for the season beginning 4/12! Get your timed tix!
- Get Ice Cream! See our updated Ice Cream Guide!
- Explore Worcester Parks! See our updated guide!
- See our Stroller and Bike Friendly Hiking Guide and get out for some fresh air!
- Whittier Farms offers small group farm tours. They have special hours during vacation week.
- It’s Village Earth Week at Old Sturbridge Village! Take a look at their special daily themes.
- The EcoTarium opens their outdoor exhibits, trails and Nature Explore Playground on 4/23. Get your tickets early!
- Free admission to all National Parks this week! Find one near you!
- Apex Kids has just opened at Apex Marlborough. We can’t wait to check it out.
- Book a private movie at one of these theaters
- Reserve an overnight at a Mass hotel and get some pool time in!
- Dining out? Check our Kids Meal Deals Guide!
- Free Admission for kids at Worcester Art Museum. Timed tickets, reduced capacity and social distancing are in effect. See their tips on how to enjoy the museum with kids.
- Get timed tickets to Discovery Museum. Did you know that they have expanded their outdoor area?
- Animal Adventures has private and general admission tours all week.
- Funstuf Party Place in Fitchburg is offering April Vacation Events. Open 10-7 each day.
- WCKC just visited the American Heritage Museum in Hudson. This is a local gem. Learn about their special April Vacation Events for families!
Worth the Trip!
- Book a Salem Kids Tour! Offered each day during school vacation.
- The Boston Aquarium. LEGOLAND Discovery Center and Boston Museum of Science have recently reopened, get a timed ticket
- The Butterfly Place reopened on 2/14. Enjoy a tropical environment, even if it’s only for an hour or so.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo Asian Lantern Spectacular. Tickets still available as of 3/20/21.
- Visit Hammond Castle in Gloucester! They have some special events this week.
- See the dinosaurs up close at Stone Zoo. The T-Rex Exhibit runs 4-16-9/6 and is included in regular zoo admission!
- Yankee Candle Village in South Deerfield has a week full of fun planned.
What is your family doing for April Vacation? Tell us all about it in comments!
Looking for more fun activities to do over vacation? Check out our calendar for the latest.